Where did November go?! How is it already time for our third Renegades discussion?! This week we’ll be discussing chapters 21 to 32! Who’s excited?! For those of you hearing about this readalong for the first time, you can find the info and sign-up post here. And if this is the first time you are hearing about Calendar Girls, it is a monthly blogging event which is hosted by Melanie and myself! For more details, please go to my info page about Calendar Girls!
– The Readalong Book –
Renegades by Marissa Meyer
Author: Marissa Meyer
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Imprint: Feiwel & Friends
Date published: November 7, 2017
Page Count: 576
She wants vengeance. He wants justice.
The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies—humans with extraordinary abilities—who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone…except the villains they once overthrew.
Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice—and in Nova. But Nova’s allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.
– CHAPTERS 21-32 Discussion Questions –
Note: Those of you who have not yet read Renegades by Marissa Meyer and still intend to read it, don’t read beyond this point (including the comments), because there will be spoilers! You have been warned. But if you like spoilers go right ahead…haha.
To participants: It’s not mandatory that you answer these questions! This is not school, haha. The questions are mainly meant to generate conversations in case some of our readalongers are having a hard time picking something to talk about. Also, feel free to mention and discuss anything which I may not have thought of in the questions below! Please, also keep in mind that we are discussing chapters 21-32 at this point only, and that if you have read ahead, that you be conscious about not sharing spoilers. We want to keep this fun for everyone! Please be considerate.
Also! if you do decide to answer the questions in the comments, please number your answers to correspond with the questions. It just makes it easier and less confusing for everyone to keep up! Thank you!
- So, it’s been a few weeks since we’ve talked about the Renegades and the Anarchists! Which group is your favourite now? Or do you have a tough time choosing?
- Which group would you prefer to be in, now that we’ve learned a little more about both of them?
- Did you expect the surveillance mission at the library to go wrong? Or to go as wrong as it did?Did anyone else maybe cry a little over the library burning down along with all of the books it was housing?
- What about the Librarian, who was going to try and write down all of the books that had been lost, so that other generations could enjoy them?
- If you haven’t read ahead, can you take a guess at what Max’s power is? And how do you think that Nova will be affected?
- How do you feel about Adrian and Nova? Any other actual or potential couples?
- Also, who is your favourite character now that we’ve gotten to know some of them a little better?
– MY ANSWERS –
- I’m still having a tough time deciding! Because even though we’ve learned more about both sides, they both have good and bad attributes…which doesn’t make either of them fully good or bad. But if I HAD to choose…I’d choose the Renegades now!
- Probably the Anarchists. Even though there’s a lack of loyalty, I think that working with them would feel less like….working at an actual job. Haha. I was getting a bit of anxiety from Renegades HQ because of all of the authority figures, regulations, protocol, etc. etc. etc.
- I actually didn’t expect it to go wrong at all! I thought that Nova’s plan would work out, and that the story would go in another direction. So, I was definitely surprised, and more than a little pissed at Detonator for what she did! Is she anyone else’s least favourite character right now?!
- Well, as my question suggests…I was quite upset over the library burning down. I was actually audiobooking that part while driving out of town for work, and I my eyes might have fogged up a bit haha. Which sounds dangerous hahaha.
- Same goes for the Librarian! I wasn’t expecting his death…and I was very upset over all of the books that had been lost just because of one bullet. Gah.
- I listened ahead while driving home from out of town work yesterday haha. So I will be skipping this question. Sorry!
- I think they’re cute…and that there’s potential there for quite the epic romance. I’m kind of excited and afraid of what’s going to happen at the end of this book…considering who the author is…bahahaha. As for potential couples, I think that Ruby and Smoke Screen are cute….but I’m a mega fan of Captain Chromium and The Dread Warden!
- I would have to say that…Nova has grown on me quite a bit….and that Adrian has too. But I think that Nova wins by like a hair’s width. (Is that the correct saying? English is my third language, okay?! Haha.)
- Psssst! I only just found the quiz on Marissa Meyer’s site hahaha. What’s your result?! http://renegades.universeofmarissameyer.com/find-your-superpower/
– Schedule –
|DATE||CHAPTER DISCUSSIONS||DISCUSSION LOCATION|
|November 11, 2017||Start reading!||N/A|
|November 18, 2017||Preface – Chapter 8||Here|
|November 25, 2017||Chapter 9 – 20||Here|
|December 2, 2017||Chapter 21 – 32||This post!|
|December 9, 2017||Chapter 33 – 43||Flavia the Bibliophile|
THANK YOU FOR READING AND THANK YOU TO THOSE OF YOU PARTICIPATING IN THIS READALONG! I LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING ALL OF YOUR THOUGHTS, AND DISCUSSING THEM WITH YOU! HAPPY READING!