⤖ Book Review Policy ⬻
I will not be accepting any new books for review until February 2020. I will also no longer be accepting e-books or e-Galleys, unless I have specifically requested them. Thank you for understanding.
I have provided a review schedule (here) of the books which I have agreed to read and review thus far.
I do not accept to read and review every book which is sent to me, but I make sure that I get back to everyone who contacts me about a book/books, and inform them whether I will accept or not. If I do not hear back from a contact once I have agreed to review a book, however, I will assume that the agreement is void and I will not read and review it.
⤖ What I Like to Read ⬻
I prefer to read:
- Young Adult (YA)
- Science Fiction
- Adult Romance / Rom-Coms
- New Adult
- Comic Books / Graphic Novels
- Manga (Japanese comics)
- Literary Fiction
And on the occasion also read:
- General Fiction (Adult)
- Mystery & Thrillers
- Sci Fi & Fantasy (Adult)
- Dystopian Fiction
⤖ Book Format ⬻
I accept advanced reader copies (ARCs) and finished copies of books in print format (most preferred), and ARCs in e-book format (preferably EPUB) for review consideration, from authors, agents, publicists, etc. (but please see the bolded note at the top of this page regarding e-books).
⤖ Contact ⬻
Through my contact page on this site, or by emailing me directly at:
⤖ Where I Post ⬻
I will post my review on this blog, as well as Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, and my Goodreads. I will also talk about the books which I review on my Instagram and my Twitter. And I also review books on NetGalley.
⤖ What I Discuss ⬻
I look at whether the characters have been fleshed-out, or whether they are flat. I look at world-building, and the effectiveness of descriptive language (or lack of effectiveness). I also look at the plot, whether the author’s writing is good or not (in the particular book which I am reviewing, not their general / overall writing). I make sure not to read other reviews of the book (if there are any) prior to writing my review, so that my review will not be influenced by the opinions of others. My rating system is the 5 star system (though on this blog, I use huskies rather than stars).
⤖ Misc. Information ⬻
I do not commit to review every book which is sent to me. I will be honest in my review. And if I dislike a book, I will point out what it is about the book which I dislike, and/or where it could use improvement.
I will respond to review requests, even if I am not interested.
The speed with which I put up a review depends on how much free time I have available at the time (this is a hobby, and not my actual occupation).
I mostly review books which have been sent to me by a publisher or author, books which I have requested (from the publisher directly, or through NetGalley), as well as books which I have borrowed from my local library, or have purchased personally. I also indicate how I gained access to each book at the beginning of each of my reviews.
I post my own personal opinions about books, as by someone who reads for the purpose of being entertained and/or inspired. And I will not be reviewing any books or works by anyone whom I know personally.
⤖ Product Review Policy ⬻
- I will not be accepting to receive and review every product which is pitched to me. I will, however, respond with a definite “yes” or “no” to whoever contacted me about reviewing a product.
- My reviews will be entirely objective and not affected by any outside influences (especially by companies or their representatives).
- My review can be positive or negative, based on my own personal experience with the product. I post honest reviews.
- Any reviews which I agree to write, will be posted on my blog and social media 2-4 weeks after I have received the product/s. And if I need more time, I will be sure to be in contact about this.
- I will accept samples as well as full size (ready for sale) products, although I prefer the latter because it gives me a more realistic feel for the product which will actually be sitting on shelves in stores.
- I will be providing links for where I know a product can be purchased. If you would like for me to include links which I may not be aware of, please send them to me through my contact form or e-mail.
- I will inform the person who contacted me about a product when the product review is live on my blog, and will provide a link.
- My review lengths range from approx. 200 words to approx. 700 words, depending on how much I have to say regarding a product. I am willing to negotiate the length of review, but reserve the right to agree or disagree when negotiations come to a close.
⤖ Let’s Chat! ⬻
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING MY POLICIES, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE BE SURE TO CONTACT ME VIA MY CONTACT FORM HERE OR THROUGH ONE OF MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS!