Hello everyone! And Happy New Year again! As we step into the Roading 20’s version 2.0, the Calendar Girls Books monthly blog event will undergo some changes. Don’t worry, there will still be a monthly theme, and we’ll still be posting every first Monday of the month. What’s happened is that Katie @ Never Not Reading and Darque Reader Reads have to take a break from running the event due to some circumstances, and I’ve decided to take up the reigns alongside Dani @ Mousai Books in the meantime. Please continue reading for the January 2020 theme and any other important details.
⤖ About Calendar Girls ⬻
(Temporary hosted by Flavia the Bibliophile with the help of Danielle Thamasa @ Mousai Books.) Hosted by Katie @ Never Not Reading and Darque Reader Reads. Calendar Girls is a monthly blog event created by Melanie at MNBernard Books, and Flavia at Flavia the Bibliophile, and will now be hosted by me, Katie. It is designed to ignite bookish discussions among readers, and was inspired by the 1961 Neil Sedaka song, Calendar Girl. Just like the song, each month has a different theme. Each blogger picks their favorite book from the theme, and on the first Monday of the month reveals their pick in a Calendar Girls post. Make sure to post back to the hostess’s post, and I will make a master list for the month. The master lists allow everyone to see the other Calendar Girls’ picks and to pop on over to their blogs. Thus, we all get to chat about books and even make some new friends!
⤖ Announcements ⬻
- The temporary hostess change mentioned in the intro to this post.
- The January theme was chosen through a Twitter poll and is: New Beginnings: Favourite first book in a new series (no sequels published yet)
- Future themes will be chosen through Google Forms which will be sent via newsletter and also posted in an update post on this blog.
- Posts will still be going live on the first Monday of the month, this month being Monday, January 6, or after that date depending on how busy you are.
- Remember to keep your picks secret until the reveal date (January 6)!
⤖ Let’s Chat! ⬻
THANK YOU FOR READING MY CALENDAR GIRLS POST! HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THE BOOKS THAT I CHOSE FOR THIS MONTH’S PROMPT? IF SO, WHAT DID YOU THINK? AND IF YOU HAVEN’T READ ANY YET, ARE THEY ON YOUR TBR LIST? PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW, WHETHER YOU’RE A CALENDAR GIRLS BOOKS PARTICIPANT OR NOT!