Yay! The first discussion for this To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before readalong is finally here! I’ve been really enjoying the book so far, and have been so so excited to talk about it with all of you! P.s. whether you are a participant or not, you are welcome to contribute to the discussion. Just keep in mind that you avoid spoilers if you’ve already fully read the book, or have read ahead. Alright! Now, let’s get to it!
– About the Book –
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
by Jenny Han
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers
Date published: April 15th, 2014
Source: Personal purchase.
What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them… all at once?
Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.
– Chapters 1-24 Discussion Questions –
Those of you who have not yet read To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny HAn and still intend to read it, don’t read beyond this point (including the comments), because there will be spoilers! You have been warned. But, if you like spoilers…be my guest!
It’s not mandatory that you answer these questions! This is not school, haha. The questions are mainly meant to generate conversations in case some of our readalongers are having a hard time picking something to talk about. Also, feel free to mention and discuss anything which I may not have thought of in the questions below! Please be sure to avoid posting spoilers about P.S. I Still Love You, the next book in this series.
Also! if you do decide to answer the questions in the comments, please number your answers to correspond with the questions. It just makes it easier and less confusing for everyone (including myself)! Thank you!
– The Questions –
- Do you think that Margot and Josh will get back together?
- Who do you think sent out Lara Jean’s love letters?
- Do you think that Kitty may have sent out Lara Jean’s letters as revenge? Or do you think she’s innocent?
- Do you think that Josh still likes Lara Jean and will try to go for her?
- Do you think that Peter secretly likes Lara Jean and that he’s using their fake relationship to try and get her to fall for him?
- Or do you think that Peter doesn’t like Lara Jean right now, but that he will end up liking her by the end of the book?
– My Answers –
- I honestly don’t know! I don’t know if this book’s time frame will take us all the way to Christmas time or not, so I don’t know if Margot will even come back (except for through phone convos) in this book. Plus I’m confused about Josh’s feelings for Lara Jean and vice versa as well!
- At first I thought that it might have been Kitty, because she was mad at Lara Jean, but unless she’s a very good actress, she kind of seems innocent to me now. But…who else would have had access to the letters? Maybe Margot did it before she left in order to force Lara Jean to face her feelings or something?
- As I said above, I was very convinced that Kitty sent the letters out as a form of revenge. But now she might be innocent. OR she was trying to help Lara Jean get out more and/or find a boyfriend so that she won’t miss Margot so much.
- I do think that Josh might like Lara Jean still, and I’m very annoyed by that! Haha. I hope that he won’t try anything, because that would be a complete betrayal of Margot and the relationship they shared.
- I really don’t know! Maybe he does secretly like her and the fake relationship really is a ploy to get close to her and get her to like him back. Or maybe he doesn’t even like her, but can’t stand the fact that she wrote the things she wrote about him in her letter, and can’t stand having any girl dislike him?
- He might end up falling for her! At this point, I will be honest, I have no idea what is going to happen in this book! Like, at all! I’m in the dark, and I’m loving it because I love being kept guessing!
– Readalong Schedule –
|Date||Chapter Discussions||Discussion Location|
|July 23, 2018||Start reading!||N/A|
|August 1, 2018||Chapters 1-24||This post!|
|August 8, 2018||Chapter 25-49||Flavia the Bibliophile|
|August 15, 2018||Chapter 50-72||Flavia the Bibliophile|
|August 22, 2018||Bonus Netflix Movie Discussion||Flavia the Bibliophile|