As promised in the announcement post for this contest, here is more information about Plot Monster‘s first ever writing contest! I will only be providing a sneak peek of the info, and really encourage those of you interested in participating (or know someone who might be interested), to use the link at the bottom of this post to view and read the rest of the information on Plot Monster’s blog! Pssst…there will be some awesome prizes!
– The Rules –
- Each entry must be 3,000 words or less.
Okay. You can go a little over 3,000. Don’t cut your story off just to meet this requirement. We’re not counting words. HOWEVER, if you send in 10 pages single-spaced, we will know you didn’t even try to meet this requirement. (3,000 words is approximately 6 pages single-spaced.)
- You may enter more than one submission.
- The contest is open to contestants within the U.S and international contestants as well.
- You must put your country of origin on the submission.
This is a must to ensure that you receive the appropriate prize.
- You must be the author of your submission.
Don’t enter someone else’s work. If they want to enter, they can. It’s free.
- Entries must be original stories that have not been published elsewhere.
If you published on your blog, social media, or self-publish and want to enter your work, you may. However, if it has been traditionally published elsewhere it is NOT eligible for this contest – but congrats on having it published!!
- No genre requirements EXCEPT entries may not contain scenes with graphic sexual content.
None, zip, nada.
- Mailing address and email address must be submitted with entry.
This is also has to do with prizes.
- Entries may be received between 12 a.m. (CST) on August 1st – 11:59 p.m. (CST) August 31st.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Winners will be notified via email.
- Winners agree to receive prizes via electronic resources and/or postal mail.
- Judges decisions are final.
They will each be introduced on Plot Monster at a later time.
- I reserve the right to make changes to this contest as necessary.
- You will retain all copyrights to the material you submit although you agree to have it published on Plot Monster and affiliate websites.
- By entering, contestants agree to these terms and conditions…
To read about the awards and any other
details about this contest, please visit
Plot Monster’s information post here!