So glad that I was able to participate in this meme again this week! I’ve been really busy, but I devoted a slot of time to putting this post together, and I’m glad that it was enough to actually finish writing and setting it up (unlike other weeks when I failed, hah). For those of you who don’t know what WWW Wednesday is, I will post a quote from the post written by the hostess (at Taking on the World of Words), because I think that she explains it better than I could:
Welcome to WWW Wednesday! This meme was formerly hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm and revived here on Taking on a World of Words. Just answer the three questions below and leave a link to your post in the comments for others to look at. No blog? No problem! Just leave a comment with your responses. Please, take some time to visit the other participants and see what others are reading. So, let’s get to it!
The Three Ws are:
What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?
– CURRENTLY READING –
- Rebels Like Us by Liz Reinhardt — I am really loving this book! I cannot even begin to express how much. I don’t read a lot of contemporary YA because I don’t like high school settings (bad memories, haha, and they also aren’t interesting to me), and I also feel as if the characters are far younger than me, than I would say in fantasy or sci-fi (and I think the high school setting would definitely be a reminder of that too). But this book. THIS BOOK, will forever hold a special place in my heart. I will be finishing it soon, and while I’m excited to know how it ends, I will also be sad to say goodbye to it.
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco — I’ve had this book sitting on my NetGalley shelf for quite some time, and I’ve been looking forward to it ever since I found out about it sometime last year. Now that I’m reading it though, it’s quite different from what I expected, and I’m not sure if that’s a good thing yet or not. It’s sort of taken the back burner because of Rebels Like Us, but I will be devoting more time to it soon. There is still a chance that I will really like this book.
- The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead — Due to some of the feedback I’ve seen given to this book (especially on Goodreads), I wasn’t sure about reading it (or audiobooking it, as I am in this case), even though it’d been in my TBR since it came out last year. I’m glad I gave it a chance though because I really like the characters, and I find the setting to be very interesting (sort of an AU, Victorian Era….which is an era some of you will know that I completely adore). I am close to finishing this one, and it’s been holding my attention quite steadily. I’m hoping I’ll be accepted to read and review the sequel which comes out this year!
– RECENTLY FINISHED –
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black — review coming soon
- Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage — my review
- Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston — review coming soon
- The Unleashed by Bentz Deyo — my review
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
- Unfathomable Chance by K.T. Munson
THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING MY POST! HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE BOOKS BEFORE? WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING? WHAT HAVE YOU RECENTLY FINISHED? ALSO, WHAT’S NEXT? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!